Southern CA Living


Karissa, Caitlin, John, Keith, me, Courtney & Nick!

This year my man's parents, Leslie and Tracy, gave me a Duffy boat rental as a birthday gift. What is a Duffy boat you may ask? That's the same question I had, but apparently they are very popular, and I can see why. They are little putt putt boats that you can cruise around the harbor in. You can have food and drink and just hang out on the water. 

The Groupon was with Pelican Joe's Boat Rentals in Long Beach. We had a two hour rental for 12 people. I choose 4-6pm so we can be around for the sunset. 

It was a perfect afternoon. Leslie provided a great array of food. We had chips, salsa, and guacamole. We had mini versions of this wrap. Vegan homemade fruit roll ups! We had this farro + kale salad found at abeautifulmess.com that Leslie veganized with agave.

We really enjoyed ourselves. Whoever wanted to drive the boat got to drive the boat. We had great conversation, food and sights to see. We even saw a seal swimming around! The rental company even provided an auxiliary cord so we listened to The Beach Boys Pandora station.

That afternoon was perfect. Thank you, Leslie and Tracy! Can't wait to do it again. 

- Christina @city_loveee


Keith & I.

Nick and Courtney being the cutest.
John & Karissa.


Kyle, Keith's brother and his adorable wife, Sarah.


& beautiful Caitlin.

No comments