April: National Letter Writing Month




It may be the end of the month and April may have been deemed by the United States Post Office as National Letter Writing Month but it's never too late to write a letter to a dear friend.  I love sending and receiving letters, though I send more than I receive.  Which is totally fine!   But what I decided to do this time, was write letters to my friend's children and my nieces.  I included in their letter a return notecard, addressed and stamped!  This will, I hope, encourage them to write and hopefully value the pen-to-paper messaging.   

I also sent some cards to my girlfriends with some *endearing* messages.   I'm hoping that this inspires others to pick up a pack or 3 of those note cards in the Target dollar section (no one can resist that section, amirite?!) or splurge on a beautiful set of notecards from Paper Source and write!  You definitely don't have to write a whole letter, a message can be as simple as "Thinking of you", "Thanks for being the best", or "Date soon?".  I also try to send cards when I see something to be congratulated, thanked or a get well sentiment to a friend. 

I encourage picking up a book of stamps and keeping them handy for random card sending.   Or if you have a basket, box or tub, make your very own "letter writing kit" to keep you encouraged to write.  Ideal items for said kit: mailing stamps, stickers, note cards, pens, markers, confetti (for filling cards!), your address book* (important to keep up to date, or use your phone contact list), ink pads, decorative stamps, maracas? (more on this later) and any other paper goods.  

Together, let's start the #snailmailrevolution! 

xx, 



No comments