Save the Dates & Wedding Party App






Wedding Season is here!  
Hello Friends!  I'm having to juggle a very busy job right with my life right now.  I wanted to share my save the dates.  I love the photos that Ashley took and though there are a million save the date ideas, I kept it simple (mostly because of time).  I could have sent them out a tad earlier, by like 3 months.  I used Minted to print and it was so easy and convenient.  Also one of their new features is printing the addresses, free of cost, on the envelopes for you.  You get to choose the font and the input process is really easy!  I went with some confetti and checked it off my list! 

I printed 'LET THE COUNTDOWN BEGIN' and our wedding hashtag #johnloveskarissa on regular white paper and put on set in each envelope.  It was a nice surprise for our guests and also a reminder to do their chores (they had to get out a dustpan and broom to pick up the confetti, he-he

The wedding party app I set up after a quick search of wedding apps.  I wanted something that guests could get information and share photos with us. The app is so easy to use the only problem,is that the majority of the guests didn't use it. So you definitely have to consider your guests.  Are they older? Tech savvy? Etc. You can put accommodations, venue information, registry information etc. Just short of RSVPing the app does it all. My favorite part, also under-utilized, was that guests could upload "memories" like photos from when the bride and groom were kids, or photos from years past.   You can also create an album for each of the wedding events so guests can upload them. 

Also, they have made SO MANY updates to the app since we used it.  I recently re-downloaded it (the running out of space on my phone struggle) because I wanted to be sure I saved all of the photos and noticed the so many things that are different.  One awesome new feature is you can create messages straight in the app!  So you have have message threads, all wedding related in one place.  

I hope to share more from my wedding throughout the next few months.  

If you're planning a wedding I shared my thoughts on an untraditional wedding the save the date photos here.  

xx, 




No comments