What does family mean to you?

Warning: This may be a real downer, but I had to share how I feel. 


We've all heard the saying "blood is thicker than water" but have you heard the rest of the famous quote?  Because of a recent family death I've been thinking a lot about what family means to me. The quote by American author Seanan McGuire, really strikes a cord with my exact feelings.  What I call my family is a group of people that I love and care for, that I trust and keep in touch with– and most not  even blood related.  

I love my parents for showing me that family doesn't have to be someone related to you.  I also don't ever have to wonder what it would be like to have a sister because I have a sister in Christina, Teresa, Mena, Maria, Kadie, Miranda, (really in every woman I call my friend) and of course my soon to be sisters-in-law, Arlana and Shannon.  

My mom, dad, brother and John are my family and soon John and I will be married and I am becoming officially a part of the Raya family.  

For everyone that chooses to be in my life, I love and appreciate you.  

No comments