Screen Printing our DIT&O shirts

I learned to screen print while volunteering at the UC Davis craft center.  It's a simple concept, you have a screen with your positive image burned onto it and you pass ink through it onto a shirt with a squeegee.  It does take a lot of supplies to burn your image onto you screen, but my lovely fianceé built a lot of it so we can do it right in our apartment.  The pressure washer hooks up to our sink and I wash out the image in the tub!  

Photo captured by Ashley Richards 




screen set up on press, ready for ink


Before printing straight onto shirts, I printed on sheets of brown craft paper.   I used those pieces of craft paper with DIT&O screen printed on them to make the paper bunting we hung at the tea party! 

Paper bunting captured by Ashley Richards 

Looking forward to making more shirts! 

–Karissa 
@karissa_mariep

You can find Ashley on her blog here







1 comment

  1. This is really an awesome deals,I must say.For some more good deals in t shirts stuff,I must recommend http://www.apparelnbags.com/custom-screen-printing.aspx

    ReplyDelete