Simple Autumn Sangria

When I found the owl pitcher I knew a sangria would be perfect for it.  And I found it at Ross for less than $10!  (I love Ross for all of the random things you can find) I walked down the street from my apartment to a Mexican market and got the ingredients for a fall sangria.  I came home with a pineapple cider and passion fruit juice cocktail.   As you can tell I winged it and the results were still pretty good.  If I had brandy, I would have definitely used some.  Next time! 

Sangria recipe 

White wine (doesn't have to be expensive I used a sauvognign blanc I had already) 
Tepache pineapple cider 
Goya passion fruit cocktail 
Cinnamon stick
Fresh mint
Granny Smith apples 
Sugar to taste- I used a 3/8 c 
Cinnamon and sugar mixture for rim of glass 
Lemon to use when rimming the glass 

I mixed all ingredients in a larger pitcher and then served in the owl.  Best when allowed to sit for at least 2 hours, and the apples soak up all of the deliciousness!  







I hope you enjoy some drinks and if you are having a gathering, try making a sangria! 

–Karissa 
@karissa_mariep

1 comment