J & K Engagement Party Set-Up

On Saturday, December 15, 2012, John and I got engaged.   This month we will celebrate our 9 year anniversary together and next year, we will celebrate our 10 year anniversary with our friends and family on our wedding day. 

 I will be cataloging our adventure to the wedding date here on DIT&O with Christina because she is my Maid of Honor! 

Because we opted for a long engagement, and we wanted to celebrate, my parent's hosted an engagement party this past April.  It was a team effort with help from my parent's, John's parent's, my amazing, future sisters-in-law, their husbands, and the bridesmaids.  

In this post I share some photos of the set up, captured by Mike, my future brother-in-law who is married to John's sister Arlana.  

There is so much more to share and I'm looking forward to it.  

–Karissa 




A view of the guest book, with Mad Lib sheets
The marquee letters I made
My parents' backyard 
Christina made that Mexican chocolate cake with a "KJ" made with hot tamales. 

Shannon working on the appetizers. 
A candid of my mom and I. 
The Brothers-in-law, Mike and Robert 
I kept asking John to shower & get ready, I got this look





No comments